The Province of Manitoba announced on Wednesday a new public health order which will be in effect as of Saturday, June 12th at 12:01 a.m.:
Guidelines specific to the golf industry include:
- Golf is allowed with a maximum of five participants per group.
- Pro Shops will remain open at 10 per cent capacity, to a maximum of 100 people.
- Under the retail guidelines, individual one-on-one club fittings by appointment only can be conducted indoors and outdoors.
- Individual (one-on-one) golf lessons are permitted at this time, group lessons remain prohibited at this time.
- Restaurants, bars and patios remain closed to in-person dining but can still provide take-out and delivery services.
- If an appropriate barrier is in place, such as a plastic shield between the driver and passenger, two people from separate households can share a golf cart.
- The prohibition of “organized team games” does not apply to men’s or ladies nights, league play and other team games or competitions such as Ladies Nassau and Mundie Putter, if the participants come to the course, play their round of golf and then leave the premises when they have finished their round of golf. The golf course is responsible to take steps to ensure that the golf teams are not more than 5 persons and that the teams are well spaced from each other and that separate teams are not gathering together on the course as the outdoor gathering limit of 5 would apply.
Please note that this public health order is in effect until Saturday, June 26th, 2021 at 12:01 am.
For further information, contact:
Director of Communications
Phone: (204) 899-1092