Multisport Games provide an opportunity for the Manitoba’s developing athletes, coaches and officials to participate in a multisport event in preparation for a higher level of competition. A chance to represent their communities and compete for the province of Manitoba.
- To provide an athlete-centered multisport experience that compliments provincial sport governing bodies, long-term athlete and coach developmental plans, generally in the LTAD ‘Train to Train’ stage of development.
- To identify Manitoba athletes with the potential to advance to higher levels of competition. (Provincial Team, National Competitions, Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games).
- To enhance community development through a sport legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, experienced officials, cultural understanding and appreciation, and a core group of volunteers.
- To motivate participants to achieve a higher level of sport skill and physical well being.
- To promote athlete, coach and official development programs within all regions of the province.
- To provide a provincial showcase which increases public awareness and support for amateur sport in Manitoba.
- To generate economic and tourism benefits within the host community and surrounding area.
Manitoba Summer Games
Staged every two years and alternating between summer and winter sporting events, the Manitoba Games is the largest ongoing multi-sport event in the province.
The 2024 Manitoba Summer Games will be held in Dauphin, Manitoba. The golf event will take place at the Gilbert Plains Golf & Country Club.
Each of the five regions in the province will be eligible to enter five players of each gender with Golf Manitoba will overseeing the team selection process.
More details will be announced in the future.
Canada Summer Games
The Niagara 2022 Canada Summer Games will take place in Ontario’s Niagara Region to celebrate Canada’s top young athletes and Niagara’s art and culture. Consisting of more than 5,000 athletes and coaches, the Canada Summer Games will welcome our nation’s next generation of national, international, and Olympic and Paralympic champions as the best young developing athletes from across the nation assemble to compete in Canada’s largest multi-sport event.
The 2022 golf event will be held August 14-20 at the Legends on the Niagara.
Click here for the 2022 Team Manitoba training squad selection process.
Click here for the 2022 Team Manitoba selection process.