A message on behalf of the NAGA – Manitoba allied golf associations:
Following a revised Public Health Order from the Province of Manitoba effective May 9, 2021 at 12:01 am, golf courses and driving ranges in Manitoba can operate under the following guidelines within the current Public Health Order:
- All indoor gatherings and outdoor gatherings on private property are prohibited (Order 2),
- Pro shop operations are directed by the current retail guidelines (Orders 5 & 27),
- Golf course food and beverage operations, including patio guidelines are directed by the current restaurant and licensed premises guidelines (Orders 6, 7, 27 & 28). Under the current guidelines, a mobile food and beverage cart is allowed to operate as long as physical distancing protocols are maintained, except for brief exchanges,
- Golf course locker rooms are able to open at reduced capacity and directed by the sporting activities guidelines (Orders 13 & 27),
- A person who enters or remains in an indoor public place must wear a mask (Order 27).
Public Health Order changes in effect on May 9th at 12:01 am include:
- Restaurants, bars and patios will close to in-person dining but can still provide take-out and delivery services;
- Indoor sports and recreation, including after-school activities, will close;
- Outdoor sports and recreation activities will have a maximum of five participants and organized team games will not be permitted;
- Day camps will close;
- Retail stores will be able to open at 10 per cent capacity, to a maximum of 100 people.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications, Golf Manitoba