WINNIPEG, MB – Wayne McWhirter has been elected as President of Golf Manitoba by members at the 19th Golf Manitoba Annual General Meeting that was held virtually on November 3, 2021. McWhirter, a member of the Southwood Golf & Country Club, becomes the 11th president of the association.
Also elected at the meeting were returning Board members Craig Martin (Assiniboine Golf Club), Bob Peters (St. Charles Country Club), and Ken Warwick (Niakwa Country Club). Two new Board members were also elected and include D’Arcy Lachance (Elmhurst Golf & Country Club) and Matt Simmons (Whitewater Golf Course).
Of special note, Ken Warwick (Niakwa Country Club), concluded his two-year term as president and Vince Mariani (Elmhurst Golf & Country Club), Past President of Golf Manitoba, concluded his 10-year term of Board service. Matt Simmons also assumes his seat on the Board representing the PGA of Canada Manitoba Zone.
The Board of Directors is comprised of dedicated volunteers from across the golf community in the Golf Manitoba jurisdiction. The Board’s duties are to direct the business affairs of the association.
The members of the 2021/22 Golf Manitoba Board of Directors are:
- President: Wayne McWhirter, Southwood Golf & Country Club
- President Elect: Sue Wright-Cassan, Emerald Greens Golf Course
- Vice-President: Bob Peters, St. Charles Country Club
- Past-President: Ken Warwick, Niakwa Country Club
- Treasurer: Kathy Turner, Breezy Bend Country Club
- Michael Berney, Transcona Golf Club
- D’Arcy Lachance, Elmhurst Golf & Country Club
- James (Jim) Gosman, Golf Manitoba Public Player
- Phil Guenther, Steinbach Fly-In Golf Club
- Craig Martin, Assiniboine Golf Club
- Matt Simmons, Whitewater Golf Club
- Fred Smith, Wildewood Golf Club
About Golf Manitoba – Golf Manitoba is the governing body for golf in the province of Manitoba and Northwest Ontario. Its mission is to develop, promote, govern and service the game of golf for the benefit of all participants.
For more information: