2021 Michelle Lee
Michelle Lee is the fifteenth recipient of the volunteer Distinguished Service Award.
Michelle’s volunteerism with golf first began serving as a district representative with the Manitoba Ladies’ Golf Association. In this role, Michelle would visit and advocate for the MLGA with member clubs inside the district. She also ran the district “Bronze Tournament” where she met numerous women golfers from around the city. Michelle remained a volunteer of the MLGA until the amalgamation with the Manitoba Golf Association in 2003.
In 2004, Michelle joined the Board of Golf Manitoba where she completed a full 10-year term. During that time, Michelle was very active taking on numerous volunteer roles including the following:
- 2005 – Present: Starter/Scorer/Pace of Play Official
- 2006 – 2010: Marketing Committee
- 2007 – Chair of Membership Committee
- 2007 – 2008: Volunteer Committee
- 2009 – Chair of the Volunteer committee
- 2010 – Chair of Tournament Committee / Co-chair Medical at CN Canadian Women’s Open
- 2013 – Chair Volunteer Committee / Nominating Committee member
- 2013 – Present: Tournament Committee
Of special note in 2007/2008, Michelle assisted Volunteer Committee Chair Bonnie Stephenson in establishing the inaugural Golf Manitoba volunteer Distinguished Service Award.
In addition to her volunteerism with Golf Manitoba, Michelle also volunteered at St. Charles Country Club, her home course. She joined the Board of St. Charles where she completed three full terms holding the following appointments:
- Chair of Play & Rules
- Honorary Secretary
- Communications Chair
- Membership Committee member
- LRP Committee
- Member of the Ladies Invitational committee (Rossbrook House)
- Member of the Ladies Mackenzie Gathering committee
Michelle continues to sit as a member of the St. Charles Ladies Executive serving as the Communications Chair.
Golf Manitoba is very pleased to honour Michelle Lee as the volunteer Distinguished Service Award recipient for 2021.