Golf Manitoba (Winnipeg) – The 2020 Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur Championship is set to go July 16-19 and will be co-hosted by the Minnewasta Golf & Country Club and the Glendale Golf & Country Club. New for 2020, this event will conclude on a Sunday for a weekend finish.
MEN’S AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
Dates: July 16-19
Course(s): Minnewasta Golf & Country Club | Glendale Golf & Country Club
Yards/Par: 6,646 yards/72 | 6,728 yards/par 72
Field: 120 (full field)
2019 Champion: Colwyn Abgrall, Southwood Golf & Country Club
2019 Runner-up: Austin Dobrescu, Shilo Country Club
Format: 72 holes of stroke play, field cut to low 60 and ties after 36-holes
Awards/Placing: Prizes will be awarded to the 1-5 lowest competitors.
In a rematch of sorts, Colwyn Abgrall of Southwood Golf & Country Club claimed the 2019 Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur Championship at the Quarry Oaks Golf Course. After three rounds of 71-71-72, Abgrall found himself in the final group with first round leader and 2019 Match Play Champion Austin Dobrescu who plays out of the Shilo Country Club. The two were no strangers to one another as they met earlier in 2019 in the Match Play Championship Final. But for Abgrall, the outcome was in his favour this time around. Dobrescu made things interesting with a birdie on the 70th hole to tie for the lead at 1-under, however Abgrall made birdie on the 72nd hole to post a final round even-par score of 72 for four-day total of 286 and a two shot victory over Dobrescu; Abgrall was the only player to score under par for the championship.
|2019||Colwyn Abgrall||Southwood||286||Quarry Oaks|
|2018||Justin McDonald||Breezy Bend||285||Quarry Oaks/Glendale|
|2017||Travis Fredborg||Pine Ridge||280||Selkirk/Elmhurst|
|2013||Derek East||St. Charles||275||Neepawa|
|2012||Josh Wytinck||Pine Ridge||289||Glendale|
|2011||Jesse Skelton||Breezy Bend||270||Portage|
|2010||Peter More||Breezy Bend||279||Breezy Bend|
Minnewasta Golf & Country Club
- The top five players will place in the event.
- Players this week will compete under the Golf Manitoba 2020 Conditions of Competition and Protocols including enhanced health and safety standards in response to COVID-19.
- Caddies and spectators are not permitted.
- Exception: One parent allowed to spectate if the junior is 17. Must adhere to the spectator code of conduct.
- For media inquiries, please contact Lisa Andersen, Director of Competitions at email@example.com.
- Scoring updates will be available on the Golf Manitoba Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Leaderboards will be available on the event information webpage:
ABOUT THE COURSE
For more information on the host golf courses, please click on the links below: