Golf Manitoba is pleased to announce its 2021 Championship schedule. The provincial amateur golf governing body will host 14 championships at member clubs from across Manitoba.
“We are very excited to announce our 2021 championship schedule,“ said Lisa Andersen, Director of Competitions for Golf Manitoba. “We have an excellent line up of venues from across the province and are very appreciative of the support we have received from those member clubs who committed to hosting this year.”
Of special note for 2021 will be the 100th awarding of the Manitoba Free Press trophy to this year’s men’s amateur champion. “The Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur Championship has an incredible history and we are pleased to bring this event back to the Neepawa Golf & Country Club,” said Golf Manitoba Executive Director, Jared Ladobruk. “Neepawa is a fantastic venue and will provide an excellent test of golf for our men’s amateur field and we are very excited about the milestone we are recognizing for this championship.”
As with this past championship season, the health and safety of all involved will continue to be of paramount importance as COVID-19 protocols continue to adjust. “The safety of our member clubs, players, volunteers, and staff is our top priority,” explained Ladobruk. “We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust the season accordingly.”
The 2021 championship season will officially kick off with the Match Play Championship qualifier and matches being held at the Grand Pines Golf Club May 29 & 30 and June 5, 6, 12 & 13.
2021 Championship Schedule
- Match Play Championship – Grand Pines Golf Course (May 29-June 13)
- Women’s City & District & Junior Bantam Championships – Transcona Golf Club (June 26 & 27)
- Manitoba Junior Men’s & Women’s Championships – Shilo Country Club (July 5-7)
- Diamond Athletic Women’s Amateur and Men’s Mid-Amateur Championships – Niakwa Country Club (July 9-11)
- Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur Championship – Neepawa Golf & Country Club (July 15-18)
- Senior Men’s & Women’s Championship – Steinbach Fly-In Golf Club (August 4-6)
- Ladies Interclub Championship – Larters at St. Andrews Golf & Country Club (August 27)
- Men’s Provincial Interclub Championship – Neepawa Golf & Country Club (August 28)
- Men’s Senior Interclub Championship – Minnedosa Golf & Country Club (September 1)
Also on the local golf calendar for 2021 is the Golf Canada junior NexGen Prairie Championship being held at the Quarry Oaks Golf Course from June 10-13 in Steinbach, Manitoba. Golf Canada’s NextGen program aims to support and develop Canada’s next wave of future Team Canada athletes.
More information on Golf Manitoba championships including dates, times, eligibility, how to register and host venue will be available in the coming weeks on the competitions schedule page at golfmb.ca. Entry for registration for most Golf Manitoba championships is set to open online on April 15, 2021.
About Golf Manitoba
Golf Manitoba is provincial sport organization (PSO) for amateur golf in Manitoba. Its mission is to develop, promote, govern and service the sport of golf in Manitoba and Northwest Ontario for the benefit of all participants.