Golf Manitoba is pleased to announce its 2022 Championship schedule. The provincial amateur golf governing body will host 14 events at member clubs across Manitoba. The first official event of the 2022 season will begin with the Manitoba Match Play Championship qualifier May 28 at the Carman Golf & Curling Club.
Golf Manitoba is also excited to announce that it has received long-term championship hosting commitments from nine Winnipeg-area private and semi-private member clubs until 2035. Under the agreement, the nine member clubs will form a rotation to host up to three Golf Manitoba major championships per year including the Match Play, Junior, Women’s Amateur and Men’s Mid-Amateur, Men’s Amateur and Senior Championships. The multi-year hosting commitment schedule is as follows:
- Breezy Bend Country Club: 2025 Senior, 2028 Men’s Amateur, 2031 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2034 Junior
- Elmhurst Golf & Country Club: 2025 Match Play, 2028 Junior, 2031 Match Play, 2034 Senior
- Glendale Golf & Country Club: 2023 Match Play, 2026 Senior, 2029 Men’s Amateur, 2032 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2035 Junior
- Niakwa Country Club: 2024 Junior, 2027 Match Play, 2030 Senior, 2033 Men’s Amateur
- Pine Ridge Golf Club: 2023 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2026 Junior, 2029 Match Play, 2032 Senior, 2035 Men’s Amateur
- Rossmere Country Club: 2024 Men’s Amateur, 2027 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2030 Junior, 2033 Match Play
- St. Boniface Golf Club: 2023 Senior, 2026 Men’s Amateur, 2029 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2032 Junior, 2035 Match Play
- St. Charles Country Club: 2025 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2028 Senior, 2031 Men’s Amateur, 2034 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur
- Southwood Golf & Country Club: 2027 Men’s Amateur, 2030 Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur, 2033 Junior
“Since inception in 1915, Golf Manitoba has had the tremendous support of its member clubs in hosting golf events and competitions, and we are extremely appreciative of those clubs that have committed to host in 2022,” said Wayne McWhirter, President of Golf Manitoba. “Today’s long-term schedule announcement is a major step forward in securing the long-term viability and future of our provincial golf championships. To receive this kind of commitment is a tremendous recognition of and investment in both player development and amateur golf by our city member clubs and our association cannot be more appreciative of this show of support.”
The 111th Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur will see a change in 2022 moving from a 72-hole to a 54-hole event with a cut after 36 holes. “This change was necessary to allow Golf Manitoba to successfully conduct this event for years to come,” said Jared Ladobruk, Executive Director of Golf Manitoba. “With increased demand on tee-sheets and member access, this move was crucial to the viability of this championship. We of course, cannot conduct this event without the support of our member clubs and they have been very receptive to this change and are excited to host this championship in its new format.”
2022 Golf Manitoba Championship Schedule
- Match Play Championship Qualifier – Carman Golf & Curling Club (May 28)
- Match Play Championship Matches – Quarry Oaks Golf Course (June 2-5)
- Women’s City & District & Junior Bantam Championships – TBA (June 25 & 26)
- Diamond Athletic Women’s Amateur & Men’s Mid-Amateur Championships – Granite Hills Golf Club (July 6-8)
- Junior Girls & Boys Championship – St. Charles Country Club (July 13-15)
- Nott Autocorp Men’s Amateur Championship – Elmhurst Golf & Country Club (July 21-23)
- Hodson Financial Women’s & Men’s Senior Championship – Larters at St. Andrews Golf & Country Club (August 10-12)
- Women’s Interclub Championship – St. Boniface Golf Club (August 23)
- Men’s Senior Interclub Championship – Oak Island Golf Resort (August 26)
- Men’s Provincial Interclub Championship – Southwood Golf & Country Club (September 20)
Also on the local golf calendar for 2022 is the Golf Canada junior NextGen Prairie Championship being held at the Quarry Oaks Golf Course from June 10-12 in Steinbach, Manitoba. Golf Canada’s NextGen program aims to support and develop Canada’s next wave of future Team Canada athletes.
More information on Golf Manitoba championships including dates, times, eligibility, how to register and host venue will be available in the coming weeks on the competitions schedule page at golfmb.ca. Registration for most Golf Manitoba championships is set to open at 12pm on April 15, 2022.
To stay informed on Golf Manitoba’s championship play, events, and additional updates, make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and like us on Facebook.
For more information:
Director of Communications